Maintain a Healthy Scalp This Summer
The perfect summer usually means trips to the pool or maybe even beach, it could also mean damage to your otherwise healthy scalp! We’ve put together 6 essential tips to help promote healthy hair and a healthy scalp.
- Wearing a scarf or sun hat when exposed to direct sunlight will protect your scalp from harmful UV rays and will also help your scalp retain moisture.
- Drink lots of fluids to keep your skin and scalp hydrated and healthy. Mayo Clinic recommends about 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men and about 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women.
- Using a scalp detox once every week is a good idea to keep scalp concerns at bay. Try our Scalp MED® Detox My Scalp™ Follicle Detoxifier for Women and Men.
- Avoid using hot water when washing your hair – try lukewarm water instead. This will help keep your skin from drying out!
- When you put your hair up high and tight it can cause damage during the summer months, when hair tends to get frizzy and dry. So rock your hair in a braid or soft updo over the trending topknot.
- Heading to the beach or pool? When you get back home make sure to rinse out hair and massage shampoo into your scalp for 30 seconds or longer to help exfoliate and remove any build up.
A damaged scalp can leave hair inadequately nourished for months to come so be sure to take care of your scalp now!