05 May Stop Hair Loss for Men Today
Many men experience sudden hair loss during their lifetime, though the potential causes may vary on a case-by-case basis. Regardless of the cause, many wonder how to stop hair loss for men. By learning to recognize the signs of thinning hair in men, men can become more proactive is treating hair loss before it becomes significant. In addition to thinning hair, another main concern of men is how to slow male pattern baldness. By integrating the below 5 helpful tips, it is possible to stop hair loss for men and stop hair thinning for men. However, before you can integrate these tips it is important to identify some potential causes for hair thinning and hair loss, as well as some of the medical terms used to identify hair loss in men.
Common Types and Causes of Male Hair Loss
While many men experience hair loss or hair thinning over the course of their life, the root cause and type of hair loss is not the same for each person. Below are three of the main types of hair loss in men:
- Telogen Effuvium: This is one of the most common types of hair loss and is also treatable. Telogen Effuvium stems from stress and affects those undergoing a very stressful experience. Stress causes the normal processes of the body to shift dramatically and in this case results in hair loss.
- Male Pattern Baldness: Male Pattern Baldness is a permanent state of hair loss with no regrowth. Fifty percent of the male population will be affected by Male Pattern Baldness by the time they are fifty years of age, making it extremely common. Male Pattern Baldness is characterized most often by a single bald spot at the back of the head or by a receding hairline that continually moves back over time.
- Alopecia Areata: Alopecia Areata stems from an autoimmune disease that causes the body’s immune system to mistakenly attack hair follicles, which then results in hair loss that is most often identified by circular shaped patches.
With these types of hair loss in mind, it is now necessary to examine some of the most common causes of hair loss in men. Below is a handful of the most prevalent causes of hair loss and hair thinning in men.
- Genetics: Genetics is a huge determinant is how your hair growth processes will function and adapt over the course of your lifetime. Hereditary hair loss in men can be treated. Certain hereditary hair loss factors can be treated by promoting a healthier scalp to stop hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Age: Age is one of the most natural contributing factors to hair loss, as men over the age of 50 typically experience some type of hair loss.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Hormonal imbalances are a common cause of unexplained hair loss and often require the intervention of a physician to identify the abnormality and work towards correcting it.
- Nutrition: The diet you adopt plays a tremendous role in the healthy and quality of your hair, in addition to how quickly it grows. Improper nutrition can result in excessive shedding or sudden hair loss, and it is a common culprit of unexplained hair loss.
- Iron Deficiency: Iron deficiency is one of the easiest forms of hair loss to reverse as it is only caused by the body not having enough Iron to draw from for the hair. By ingesting an Iron supplement and eating Iron dense foods, this cause of hair loss can be easily fixed.
5 Tips to Stopping Hair Loss in Men
- One of the most common causes of sudden hair loss is stress. To stop hair loss, one of the best tactics to adopt is to actively engage in removing common stressors from your life and developing strategies to mitigate stressors that cannot be removed. Find an activity that expends energy, requires focus, and leaves you feeling peaceful and then adopt a routine that integrates this activity on a regular basis.
- One way to stop hair loss is to eat foods for healthy hair. Nutrition and diet play a significant role in hair health and hair growth processes, as such one of the best ways to stop hair loss are to adjust your diet to target foods that enrich hair follicles and stimulate hair growth. By shifting the nutrients and minerals your hair receives, you will be able to change the texture, health, and quality of your hair.
- Many vitamins are known to stimulate hair growth. Begins by researching several the most effective vitamins for combatting hair loss and then begin a daily supplement routine in which you take these vitamins.
- The consumption of alcohol on a regular basis or smoking is both known to be extremely detrimental to hair health and hair growth. If you are experiencing hair loss, one of the best tactics for reversing hair loss is to cut out smoking and alcohol consumption to give you hair the best chance possible to regrow.
- One of the most effective methods for stopping hair loss in men is integrating a proven-effective regimen for reversing hair loss and hair thinning, such as a ScalpMed. ScalpMed utilizes a unique two-step process to restore hair loss due to non-hereditary factors.